I came across this recipe and tweaked it to make it gluten and dairy free. And as my ten year old declares, “They’re awesome!”
Carrot Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free all purpose baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill) *
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 TBSP ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup rice milk *
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
* (If you’re not doing gluten free exchange the 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour with 3/4 cup organic all purpose flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and exchange 1/3 cup buttermilk for the rice milk)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease muffin tin or use paper cups.
3. Whisk flours, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk remaining ingredients in separate bowl.
5. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined.
6. Spoon batter in tin.
7. Bake until toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean (approximately 20-22 minutes). Cool in muffin tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.